Are you tired of constant spam calls, messages and emails? Or is it a personal number that is bothering you? Such unwanted contact can become tiresome and frustrating, so it’s important to know how to avoid these issues in the future. A common option to prevent spam callers or contacts, is to ring up your network provider and ask them to block certain numbers. However, this is a task that can prove particularly time consuming. The following guide provides a hassle free, manual approach to block numbers which only requires a small amount of your time. The following content explains the process required to block a number from a Samsung device, as well as enabling the blocking of all unknown/withheld numbers, as well as the option to block an individual number.
1) Tap the Phone Icon: The first step to blocking a number on your Samsung device is relatively straightforward and self-explanatory (we’ll tell you anyway!). On your home screen, tap the Phone Icon on your home screen, as though you were about to make a call or open your contact list
2) Open more options: Having opened the Phone Icon, you will notice 3 small dots, vertically aligned and located in the top right corner of the screen. These dots represent more options, tap to open these.
3) Settings: Upon opening more options you will be presented with a drop down choice of options, you will need to select the bottom option labelled Settings, in order to continue with the process.
4) Block Numbers: Once settings have been identified scroll through the various settings categories, until you reach call settings- here the first option that you will find is a brief description entitled Block Numbers. Open this description.
5) Blocking an Anonymous Number: After this stage the first port of call is the option to block anonymous calls, by following a simplistic process. This process consists of identifying the setting, (conveniently the setting at the top of the list!) and then merely switching on the button termed Block anonymous calls to prevent anymore anonymous numbers contacting you.
6) Blocking Personal Numbers: The alternative course of action to blocking anonymous numbers is the ability to block individual or personal numbers with an identity. To block any number of this description, simply type the specified number into the box entitled Add Phone Number (located directly below the Block anonymous calls switch).
7) View Blocked Numbers: Directly underneath the Add Phone Number section, you can find access to any numbers you have previously blocked, which are made visible and listed here. This tool can also be used for monitoring purposes.
*Please note this process is based solely on Samsung devices (I was using a Samsung Galaxy S7) and will not be applicable on other provider’s devices.